Hydraulic Fracturing “Fracking”
a. Fracking History
i. Who/How was hydraulic fracturing developed? 1. Why?
ii. Different uses for Fracking
1. Oil Field
2. Natural Gas
b. Fundamentals of Fracking
i. What is fracking?
1. Detailed Information: How it works.
2. Importance to our society
c. Fracking and Our Environment
ii. Natural Disasters
iii. Chemicals Used in Hydraulic Fracturing
iv. Contaminated water disposal
v. Possible Contaminations of Water Table
vi. Actual Contaminations of Water Table
d. Hydraulic Fracturing Pros and Cons
1. Oil and Natural Gas Production
c. Manufacturing Products
2. Increase in oil/natural gas production 3. Potential Energy Independce
1. Use of chemicals
2. Water Table Contamination
3. Short and long term damages to the Environment 4. Running out of fossil fuels
For my interview I will be speaking to two engineers from two different hydraulic fracturing companies. One of the companies will be Frac Tech out of Artesia, New Mexico and the other prefers to stay anonymous due to legality issues. Both of the companies are fairly large...
Cited: Fracking [diagram]. In Lorgami, What the Frack. Retrieved from http://blog.ecoetsy.com/2011/06/news-views-what-the-frack/html
Hydraulic Fracturing [diagram]. In Fracking Earthquakes. Retrieved from http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Science-Fiction-News.asp?NewsNum=3134
Please join StudyMode to read the full document